Student Voice at The Jubilee Academy:
At The Jubilee Academy, student voice and leadership is promoted across Key Stage 3 and 4. This give students a great opportunity to develop a wide range of skills that can be used throughout their time at TJA and beyond.
At The Jubilee Academy student voice compromises of ‘TJA Ambassadors’ and ‘Executive Ambassadors’. Ambassadors can be nominated by their form tutor if students are demonstrating the positive behaviour expected of an ambassador. ‘Executive Ambassador’ positions are elected roles. Each year students from year 10 and 11 can put themselves forward for the senior roles. These students will then run for election. They present to staff why they would be suitable and what they would like to contribute to school life at The Jubilee.
As part of student voice, students are given a wide range of opportunities including:
- attending regular student voice meetings to feedback on current issues and consulate on ways of improving TJA further.
- Working with TFL on projects to promote responsible travel.
- Being Youth Health Champions.
- Supporting new students integrate into TJA.
- Having the opportunity to work towards recognised awards and accreditations.