Online Courses on Children's Wellbeing and Safeguarding
Due to Government Funding in the Adult Education Budget. The Aim Group have several Free online Level 2 Accredited (OFSTED, NCFE, CACHE, CQC) Courses available to help parents better understand some key issues around young people's mental health and general wellbeing.
The Aim Group currently have the following subjects available, along with others you may like:
- Children & Young People's Mental Health - Exploring mental health and understanding how to support individuals with mental ill-health. Developing skills to form a mentally safe environment.
- Understanding Autism - Learn how individuals process sensory information, understanding characteristics and conditions as well as how speech, language and communication differ in people with Autism.
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges - Supporting positive behaviour, effective communication & how to manage challenging behaviour.
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties - Understand characteristics of ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia & Dyscalculia, the importance of early diagnosis, assessment methods available to diagnose learning difficulties.
On average the courses take between 15-35 hours to complete within a 6-week window and are completed on a laptop or computer at the learner's home. No Exams or endpoint assessments are involved, the courses are purely Q&A based and are available to you 24/7. You can do as many as you like, however, you can just do one at a time.
The only criteria the learner must meet to be eligible is the following..
- Aged 19 or over on or before 31st August 2020
- Have lived in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- Not already on a government-funded course (Apprenticeship for example)
Please be advised to only enrol if genuinely interested. These courses are paid for via government funds in order to allow the parents to complete them for free. We must advise that if an individual enrols on a course, accesses these government funds and makes no attempt whatsoever to complete it, this classifies as a blatant non-effort and a waste of funding. However, if the individual needs extra time (an additional 3/4 weeks for example) and communicates this to the college with a valid reason, extensions will be granted upon request.
If you are interested in undertaking one of these free online wellbeing courses, then please complete the following link below as soon as possible. This will grant you direct access to these government funds in order to complete your chosen course free and fully funded!