The Jubilee Academy is supportive of the Healthy Schools London (HSL) programmes, which one of the Mayor of London’s key programmes helping to deliver The London Health Inequalities Strategy (www.london.gov.uk/health-strategy).
The strategy looks to tackle health inequalities by focusing on five key areas including Healthy Children – helping every London child to have a healthy start in life by supporting parents and carers, early years settings and schools.
HSL supports and encourages schools to develop and deepen their focus on health and wellbeing which will support the attainment, achievement, health and wellbeing of their pupils, staff and wider school communities.
The school will be developing this strategy across the following seven main areas:
- Leadership, management and managing change
- Policy development
- Learning and teaching, curriculum planning and resourcing
- School ethos, culture, environment and SMSC development
- Provision of support services for children and young people
- Staff continuing professional development (CPD), health and wellbeing
- Partnerships with parents/carers, local communities, external agencies and volunteers to support pupil health and wellbeing
The school has secured the Bronze Healthy School Award and will be working towards securing Silver award over the coming academic year.