It can be tricky deciding whether or not to keep your child off school when they're unwell. Further guidance can be found : Is my child too ill for school?
What you as Parent/Carer need to do:
- If your child is going to be absent from school, please call the office in the morning to inform us of the reason for the absence.
- You need to call the school on every morning that your child is absent.
- The school office number is 0203 096 1221
- Messages can also be left on the answer machine which is on when the office is closed.
- When your child returns to school, please enter a note in their planner to cover the whole period of absence.
- If your child has a pre-booked hospital, medical or dental appointment, please put an advance notice into their planner that they can show to their tutor.
- Please do not e-mail tutors directly regarding absence. You can email the school office on email@example.com
What we will do:
- If your child is absent from school and we have not received a phone call or been previously advised of the absence, we will call you on the contact numbers you have provided us with in priority order.
Please ensure that all of the contact numbers you provide are kept up to date.
- Absence of more than 3 consecutive days, including days that go over a weekend, will require a medical letter from your GP.
- Should your child’s attendance drop below 90%, we will require a medical note for 1 day of absence.
If you feel that your child is trying to avoid coming into school, please let us know and we will offer you support and help to address any issues or concerns you or your child may have.